This plugin let you add file types to the default list of file extensions
supported by the Media Library upload procedure.
- Create the directory wp-extra-file-types in your ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Upload all the plugin’s file to the newly created directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
mai 15, 2023
enabled gpx, applied changes, waited a moment, refreshed... then tried to upload a gpx file. Not working. Still the message that I am not allowed to upload that kind of file.
februar 14, 2023
txt не работает
desember 25, 2022
november 30, 2022
This was exactly what we needed. Works also with Gravity Forms file upload fields. What I don't know should the mime types be exactly something official or not? Some help text with that part could be good to be there.
august 11, 2022
I checked the filetype I needed to upload (svg) and still couldn't upload it. I couldn't see any way to make it work...
juni 8, 2022
Didn’t work at all for .woff files
Contributors & Developers
“WP Extra File Types” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “WP Extra File Types” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- files cleanup
- security optimizations
- code optimizations
- adapted to WP 5.8.2
- bug fixes
- code optimizations
- user interface fix
- released experimental fix to have better integration with GravityForms
- fix on custom file types
- mime types database updated
- changed .exe mime type
- added more extensions and mime types
- added the option “skip wordpress check” to disable WordPress internal checks
- changes to settings page
- do not display file types already allowed by WordPress
- added the option “skip strict mime type check”
- fixed a problem related to mime types identification strings different between PHP finfo_* functions and user defined list
- added .pages
- added .numbers
- added .keynote
- added .mobi
- added .notebook
- added .gallery
- added .woff2 file type
- added .gpx file type, thanks to “SpriterQC” for the suggestion
- added custom file types administration, you can add/remove/modify new entries
- renamed .bid to .bld, thanks to “wbdesinger”
- added .m4r file type, thanks to “ywait4ever” for the suggestion
- added .bid file type, thanks to “wbdesigner” for the suggestion
- added .msp and .msu file types, thanks to “zkiller” for the suggestion
- added a long list of mime-types
- added administration page
- first release