If you want to transfer your existing database from your currently installed LMS plugin (which contains all the course, quizzes information, order data and so on of your teaching site) with all your information intact, to the better Tutor LMS then the Tutor LMS Migration Tool plugin is the perfect choice for you.
No need to hassle with complicated migration settings when you can use Tutor LMS Migration Tool with its easy user interface. With its simple one-click auto migration settings you can have all the information from your old LMS plugin transferred without any database error.
With the initial release of the Tutor LMS Migration Tool, we are introducing migration options from two other LMS plugin to Tutor LMS. We have a roadmap to bring you compatibility support for migration with many other plugins in the future.
Currently Tutor LMS Migration support migration options from
To get started with migrating your information from LearnPress/LearnDash LMS to Tutor LMS in the easiest way, you need to make sure you have the following plugins installed.
Note: Note: Currently the Tutor LMS Migration Tool supports migration from LearnPress/LearnDash to Tutor LMS. We are working hard to bring migration options from other LMS to Tutor LMS as soon as possible. But as it only supports migration from LearnPress/LearnDash the following plugins are required
- Tutor LMS (Version 2.0.10 or later) for migration from LearnPress
Tutor LMS (Version 2.0.10 or later) for migrating from LearnDash
And the following plugins for their respective migrations
For LearnPress (Version 4.0 or later)
- For LearnDash ( Version 4.0 or later)
You need the mentioned versions or later of the plugin for the migration to work properly.
After you install the migration plugin in your WordPress site you will find the migration option in the Tools section of Tutor LMS.
In the LearnPress Migration tab, you will find the migration status bar. You will see a successful message for each dataset for a successful migration. You will see success messages for
- Sales Data
- Course Enrollment
- Course Complete Status
And for the LearnDash Migration tab, you will find the migration options for LearnDash migration. You will find status bars for the following dataset migrations.
- Sales Data
For both migrations, click on the “Migrate Now” button to get your migration process started. Sit back and enjoy while the Tutor LMS Migration Tool handles all your database information during the migration process. After the migration tool is done, you can start using Tutor LMS from where you left off in your previous LMS.
The whole process is so seamless that you will feel like you just opted-in for a better LMS without even changing anything at all.
Separate Import & Export Option
With Tutor LMS Migration Tool you can also separately export the data to your local folder or import the database file by uploading the XML format file. The manual export/import option is available for both the LearnPress & LearnDash migration.
- PHP version 7.2 or greater (PHP 7.4 or greater is recommended)
- MySQL version 5.0 or greater (MySQL 5.6 or greater is recommended)
The automatic installation is the easiest way to install any plugin in WordPress. You can perform an automatic installation of Tutor by logging in to your WordPress dashboard, navigating to the “Plugins” menu and click on the “Add New” button.
This will open up a page showing all the available plugins in WordPress. In the search field, type Tutor. The search result will show you our Tutor plugin, you can then see the detailed info by clicking on “More Details” and to install just click on the “Install Now” button.
To install Tutor LMS Migration Tool manually, you need to download the plugin and upload it to your webserver via any FTP application.
The WordPress codex contains instructions on how to do this here.
Is This Plugin has any Dependency?
Yes, You need tutor regular plugin in order to use this plugin, You can migrate LearnPress data if exists. Take a backaup of your full website before migrate.
I need migrate others LMS data to Tutor LMS, what should I do?
We will add others LMS migration to this plugin, so you can migrate it. Or if you don’t required any previous data, just delete other LMS and move to Tutor LMS.
Contributors & Developers
“Tutor LMS – Migration Tool” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Tutor LMS – Migration Tool” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
2.1.0 – 29 September, 2022
- New: LearnPress eCommerce Order Records will be migrated to Tutor LMS WooCommerce now
- New: LearnPress Enrolment Records will be Migrated to Tutor LMS now
- New: LearnPress Course Completion Status will be Migrated to Tutor LMS now
- New: Certificates will be generated for respective Students after migration to LearnPress
- New: LearnPress Ecommerce Products will be migrated to Tutor LMS EDD now
- New: LearnPress Ecommerce Products will be migrated to Tutor LMS WooCommerce now
- New: LearnPress Instructors will be Migrated to Tutor LMS now
- New: LearnDash Instructors will be Migrated to Tutor LMS now
- New: LearnDash Enrolment Records will be Migrated to Tutor LMS now
- New: LearnDash Course Completion Status will be Migrated to Tutor LMS now
- New: LearnDash Students will be Migrated to Tutor LMS now
- New: LearnDash Ecommerce Products will be migrated to Tutor LMS EDD now
- New: LearnDash eCommerce Order Records will be migrated to Tutor LMS WooCommerce now
- New: Certificates will be generated for respective Students after migration to LearnDash
- New: LearnDash Ecommerce Products will be migrated to Tutor LMS WooCommerce now
- New: LearnDash Closed Type course data will be migrated to WooCommerce and EDD (If Price Field not empty or 0)
2.0.0 – 29 June, 2022
- New: New design is introduced for the Migration Tool to make it more user friendly
- New: Migration performance is enhanced
- New: Migration History will be shown for each Export and Import event
- Update: Compatibility with WordPress 6.0 and Tutor LMS 2.0 is introduced
- Fix: Once migration is initiated, it kept loading behind the screen until the page is refreshed
1.0.4 – 30 January, 2020
- Added: LearnDash to Tutor LMS Migration Tool
1.0.3 – 04 December, 2019
- Updated: migration page design fix
1.0.2 – 03 December, 2019
- Updated: Design
1.0.1 – 03 December, 2019
- Updated: Design tweeks
1.0.0 – 28 November, 2019
- Initial Release