It is a simple plugin which will show the total reading time of a post.It will calculate the total reading time of a post in the measure of 200 words per minutes.
It is a totally open source project.Here is the Github link
How It works:
Just install the plugin the total reading time will be shown at the bottom of the content.
There is a setting page in the admin dashboard to set your avvarage reading time per minute.
dashboard> Settings > Total reading time
Change the title:
Change the word count per minute base value(currently it is 200 words per minutes):
/*Change the word "Minutes" add_filter("trtwp_label_of_minutes","your-function-name"); /*Change the word "Seconds" add_filter("trtwp_label_of_seconds","your-function-name"); /*Change the markup tag.default is "p" add_filter("trtwp_label_of_seconds","your-function-name");
- Download and unzip the plugin. Upload the unzipped folder to the wp-contents/plugins folder of your WordPress installation.
- Active the plugin from the WordPress Plugins administration page.
- OR, Go to WP admin panel, click ‘Plugins’ -> ‘Add new’. In the search input box, type ‘Total Reading Time of wordPress Post’.
- Install and activate the plugin.
- What is the purpose of this simple plugin?
It is a very simple plugin.I created this for my practicing purpose and thought that it can save some time who need this easy but very cool feature at their post.
Contributors & Developers
“Total Reading Time of WP Post” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
1.1 – Setting page added,screenshot added,and performance improved.