This Plugin adds SMS Texting capability to Contact Form 7.
Using Texting for customer service and support is easy with the Contact Form 7 Text Message SMS Extension by Biz Text. Receive and Reply by Text on an online Texting Dashboard or mobile phone, when a visitor submits a message on your contact form.
Configure your forms to send Text messages to you and your visitors in the Biz Text SMS tab in Contact Form 7 plugin. It also allows for Text notifications when you receive through your forms.
The Contact Form 7 Text Message SMS Extension requires an affordable, no-contract, cancel any time Biz Text plan, see our plans at Biz Text Solutions. A Biz Text plan allows you to choose a ‘Biz Text Number’ (a local phone or Toll Free number), which is where your texts are sent.
You reply to the texts on your online Texting Dashboard or right from your WordPress site with our Text Message SMS Plugin. You can also forward the Text message to one or mobile phones and reply there.
Contact 7 Version
The Contact Form 7 Message SMS Extension requires Contact Form 7 version 5.0.4.
Tested up to version 5.7.2
Support and Documentation
For an easy to follow tutorial go to Text Message SMS Extension For Contact Form 7 Tutorial. We are glad to help and support questions or concerns with our extension.
If you need documentation or support for Contact Form 7 see the resources on their website contactform7.com.
Features and Benefits
- Receive Texts from a Contact 7 contact form
- Get the message in both Text and email
- Get Text notification of an email
- Reply to Text from an online Texting Dashboard or one or more mobile phones
- Send an autoreply Text without collecting a message
- Add Special mail-tags in texts for information outside the inputed message (submissions, post related, site related, user related)
How Biz Text Works – Receive, Reply, and Send Text Messages for Customer Service
- Choose a ‘Biz Text Number’ and display it on your website
- Your Biz Text Number lets you receive, reply and send text messages
- Reply to Texts received from your Texting Dashboard (Install the Text Message SMS Plugin or receive in your WordPress Dashboard) or forward texts to your mobile phone(s)
- When you reply to Texts from your personal mobile phone, your personal number is hidden from your visitors
- Affordable, no-contract, cancel any time Biz Text plans available now, see our plans at Biz Text Solutions.
- Send a Text to a single contact or group of contacts
- Add groups with selected contacts
- Less phone calls, better service, change your business forever
To Sign Up
To sign up and get information on our plan, visit our page Biz Text Solutions.
- Download and unzip the plugin
- Upload the folder into the \’/wp-content/plugins/\’ directory
- Go to the Plugins admin page and activate the plugin
How do I get a Biz Text Number and enable receiving Texts?
- Sign up for a Biz Text plan. Visit Biz Text Solutions for information
- Install and activate the Contact Form 7 Text Message SMS Extension Plugin
- Under ‘Contact’ in the admin menu, choose Biz Text Integration
- Enter you Biz Text Id and save
- Go to the Biz Text SMS tab in a form and customize
Can I just send a text and not have to receive a message?
- Yes, as long as you collect a number, a text can be sent. By default, a received text is needed to send an autoreply text. By checking Send Only under Text Options, a received text is not required. Enter the message to send under Text to Send. Add Special mail-tags in texts for information outside the inputted message (submissions, post related, site related, user related).
How do I use the plugin?
- For an easy to follow tutorial go to Text Message SMS Extension For Contact Form 7 Tutorial
Can I add the time or user information in the text to me or my visitor?
- Yes, you can use Special mail-tags in texts for information outside the inputed message (submissions, post related, site related, user related). You can then send info such as time and date or user related information.
My contact form is not sending out text messages. How can I fix this?
- For your contact form to start sending text messages, first ensure that you have a valid Biz Text number.
- By default, your contact form does not send text messages. You have to fill in specific fields found in the settings of your contact form.
- Those fields are found under the Biz Text SMS tab in your contact form settings. For texts to be sent, you must fill in the visitor phone number field and visitor auto-response field.
- For the visitor phone number field, we recommend using a form tag that contains the phone number field in your contact field (Example: [your-phone-number]).
What does the visitor nickname field mean under Biz Text SMS tab settings?
- This field refers to the name displayed in your Biz Text Dashboard. By default, the dashboard will show “Unnamed Customer.”
- We recommend using a form tag that contains the name field in your contact form (Example: [your-name]).
I am not receiving any email notification texts from the contact form. What is happening?
- First, go to the Global Configurations page to see if you have a email notification phone number saved. If not, save a phone number. We recommend using your Biz Text Number.
- Second, go to your specific form settings and go to the Biz Text SMS tab. There is a checkbox with the label “Check to Activate Email Notification Through Text”. Ensure that it is clicked and saved.
- See Contact Form 7 documentation for other related email issues.
I find Contact Form 7 to be too confusing? What are my alternatives?
- Lucky for you, Biz Text has another easy-to-use, no hassle setup, contact form plugin called Text Message Contact Form Plugin for WordPress. For detailed information, please visit us at Biz Text Solutions.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Text Message SMS Extension for Contact Form 7” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Text Message SMS Extension for Contact Form 7” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Tested for WordPress 6.1.1
- check for compatibly with php 8.0
- Added option to only send auto response without having to receive a message
- Redesign of SMS Tab to make more intuitive
- Tested for WordPress 5.5.1
- Initial release. This is the first version, no updates available yet.