This plug-in lets you use a single line of code to display related links customized to each page on your site.
It does two things: maintains a group of link category names that match your page names, and provides a code snippet to display any links with categories that match the current page.
To have a link show up on a given page:
<?php srd_make_custom_link(); ?>anywhere you want a link list to appear.
- In the Links tab, create as many links as you want. Then assign each link the category name that matches the page(s) you want it to appear on.
That will display a list of links with the class “related-link”, and an
<h3> with the class “related-links-title”. You can then style them with CSS. If you want them to stack vertically, give the links the CSS property “display:block;”.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
<?php srd_make_custom_link(); ?>in your templates
- Will it work with any page name?
- Can a link appear on more than one page?
Yes. Simply assign that link the category for each page it should appear on.
- Can I control the order the links appear in?
No. They appear in alphabetical order. That, too, is something I plan to add in future releases.
- Does it create links for single post pages?
No. Just static pages — the ones you see in the “Pages” tab.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Related Links Customized By Page” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Added activation function that creates link categories based on existing pages.
- Can now handle page names with unusual characters.