GlobalTranz (http://globaltranz.com) is a third party logistics company that gives its customers access
to UPS and over 60 LTL freight carriers through a single account relationship. The plugin retrieves
the LTL freight rates you negotiated globaltranz, takes action on them according to the plugin settings, and displays the
result as shipping charges in your WooCommerce shopping cart. To establish a Cerasis account call 1.866.275.1407.
- Three rating options: Cheapest, Cheapest Options and Average.
- Custom label results displayed in the shopping cart.
- Control the number of options displayed in the shopping cart.
- Display transit times with returned quotes.
- Restrict the carrier list to omit specific carriers.
- Product specific freight classes.
- Support for variable products.
- Option to determine a product’s class by using the built in density calculator.
- Option to include residential delivery fees.
- Option to include fees for lift gate service at the destination address.
- Option to mark up quoted rates by a set dollar amount or percentage.
- WooCommerce 5.7 or newer.
- A Globaltranz customer ID.
- Your username and password to globaltranz’s online shipping system.
- Your Globaltranz web services authentication key.
- A license from Eniture Technology.
Before installing this plugin you should have the following information handy:
- Your Globaltranz Customer ID.
- Your username and password to Globaltranz’s online shipping system.
- Your Globaltranz web services authentication key.
If you need assistance obtaining any of the above information, contact your local Cerasis office
or call the Globaltranz corporate headquarters at 1.866.275.1407.
A more extensive and graphically illustrated set of instructions can be found on the Documentation tab at
1. Install and activate the plugin
In your WordPress dashboard, go to Plugins => Add New. Search for “eniture ltl freight quotes”, and click Install Now.
After the installation process completes, click the Activate Plugin link to activate the plugin.
2. Get a license from Eniture Technology
Go to Eniture Technology and pick a
subscription package. When you complete the registration process you will receive an email containing your license key and
your login to eniture.com. Save your login information in a safe place. You will need it to access your customer dashboard
where you can manage your licenses and subscriptions. A credit card is not required for the free trial. If you opt for the free
trial you will need to login to your Eniture Technology dashboard before the trial period expires to purchase
a subscription to the license. Without a paid subscription, the plugin will stop working once the trial period expires.
3. Establish the connection
Go to WooCommerce => Settings => Globaltranz Quotes. Use the Connection link to create a connection to your Globaltranz
4. Identify the carriers
Go to WooCommerce => Settings => Globaltranz Quotes. Use the Carriers link to identify which carriers you want to include in the
dataset used as input to arrive at the result that is displayed in your cart. Including all carriers is highly recommended.
5. Select the plugin settings
Go to WooCommerce => Settings => Globaltranz Quotes. Use the Quote Settings link to enter the required information and choose
the optional settings.
6. Define warehouses and drop ship locations
Go to WooCommerce => Settings => Globaltranz Quotes. Use the Warehouses link to enter your warehouses and drop ship locations. You should define at least one warehouse, even if all of your products ship from drop ship locations. Products are quoted as shipping from the warehouse closest to the shopper unless they are assigned to a specific drop ship location. If you fail to define a warehouse and a product isn’t assigned to a drop ship location, the plugin will not return a quote for the product. Defining at least one warehouse ensures the plugin will always return a quote.
7. Enable the plugin
Go to WooCommerce => Settings => Shipping. Click on the Shipping Zones link. Add a US domestic shipping zone if one doesn’t already exist. Click the “+” sign to add a shipping method to the US domestic shipping zone and choose Globaltranz from the list.
8. Configure your products
Assign each of your products and product variations a weight, Shipping Class and freight classification. Products shipping LTL freight should have the Shipping Class set to “LTL Freight”. The Freight Classification should be chosen based upon how the product would be classified in the NMFC Freight Classification Directory. If you are unfamiliar with freight classes, contact the carrier and ask for assistance with properly identifying the freight classes for your products.
What happens when my shopping cart contains products that ship LTL and products that would normally ship FedEx or UPS?
If the shopping cart contains one or more products tagged to ship LTL freight, all of the products in the shopping cart
are assumed to ship LTL freight. To ensure the most accurate quote possible, make sure that every product has a weight
and dimensions recorded.
What happens if I forget to identify a freight classification for a product?
In the absence of a freight class, the plugin will determine the freight classification using the density calculation method.
To do so the products weight and dimensions must be recorded.
Why was the invoice I received from Globaltranz more than what was quoted by the plugin?
One of the shipment parameters (weight, dimensions, freight class) is different, or additional services (such as residential
delivery, lift gate, delivery by appointment and others) were required. Compare the details of the invoice to the shipping
settings on the products included in the shipment. Consider making changes as needed. Remember that the weight of the packaging
materials,such as a pallet, is included by the carrier in the billable weight for the shipment.
How do I find out what freight classification to use for my products?
Contact your local Globaltranz office for assistance. You might also consider getting a subscription to ClassIT offered
by the National Motor Freight Traffic Association (NMFTA). Visit them online at classit.nmfta.org.
How do I get a Globaltranz account number?
Globaltranz is a US national franchise organization. Check your phone book for local listings or call its corporate
office at 1.866.275.1407 and ask how to contact the sales office serving your area.
Where do I find my Globaltranz username and password?
Usernames and passwords to Globaltranz’s online shipping system are issued by Globaltranz. Contact the Globaltranz office servicing your account to request them. If you don’t have a Globaltranz account, contact the Globaltranz corporate office at 1.866.275.1407.
Where do I get my Cerasis authentication key?
You can can request an authentication key by logging into Cerasis’s online shipping system (cerasis.com) and
navigating to Services > Web Services. An authentication key will be emailed to you, usually within the hour.
How do I get a license key for my plugin?
You must register your installation of the plugin, regardless of whether you are taking advantage of the trial period or
purchased a license outright. At the conclusion of the registration process an email will be sent to you that will include the
license key. You can also login to eniture.com using the username and password you created during the registration process
and retrieve the license key from the My Licenses tab.
How do I change my plugin license from the trail version to one of the paid subscriptions?
Login to eniture.com and navigate to the My Licenses tab. There you will be able to manage the licensing of all of your
Eniture Technology plugins.
How do I install the plugin on another website?
The plugin has a single site license. To use it on another website you will need to purchase an additional license.
If you want to change the website with which the plugin is registered, login to eniture.com and navigate to the My Licenses tab.
There you will be able to change the domain name that is associated with the license key.
Do I have to purchase a second license for my staging or development site?
No. Each license allows you to identify one domain for your production environment and one domain for your staging or
development environment. The rate estimates returned in the staging environment will have the word “Sandbox” appended to them.
Why isn’t the plugin working on my other website?
If you can successfully test your credentials from the Connection page (WooCommerce > Settings > Globaltranz Quotes > Connections)
then you have one or more of the following licensing issues:
1) You are using the license key on more than one domain. The licenses are for single sites. You will need to purchase an additional license.
2) Your trial period has expired.
3) Your current license has expired and we have been unable to process your form of payment to renew it. Login to eniture.com and go to the My Licenses tab to resolve any of these issues.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“LTL Freight Quotes – GlobalTranz Edition” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “LTL Freight Quotes – GlobalTranz Edition” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Update: Text changes in FreightDesk.Online coupon expiry notice
- Update: Added compatibility with “Address Type Disclosure” in Residential address detection
- Update: Compatibility with WordPress version 6.1
- Update: Compatibility with WooCommerce version 7.0.1
- Fix: Fixed issue in product CSV export.
- Update: By default mark all carriers checked.
- Update: Introduced connectivity from the plugin to FreightDesk.Online using Company ID
- Update: Compatibility with WordPress version 6.0.
- Update: Introduced coupon code for freightdesk.online and validate-addresses.com.
- Update: Compatibility with PHP version 8.1.
- Update: Compatibility with WordPress version 5.9.
- Update: added option in quote settings to show/hide WooCommerce flat rate.
- Update: Isolate flat rate from GTZ api request.
- Update: Show WooCommerce Shipping Options dropdown functionality.
- Update: Relocation of NMFC Number field along with freight class.
- Update: Added features, Multiple Pallet Packaging and data analysis.
- Update: Compatibility with PHP version 8.0.
- Update: Compatibility with WordPress version 5.8.
- Fix: Corrected product page URL in connection settings tab.
- Update: Introduced Handling weight unit for freightdesk.online.
- Update: Added feature “Weight threshold limit”.
- Update: Added feature In-store pickup with terminal information.
- Update: Showing order widget for GT option.
- Update: Carriers list added for GT.
- Update: Cuttoff Time.
- Update: CSV columns updated.
- Update: Virtual product at order widget.
- Update: Introduced new features :
- Compatibility with WordPress 5.7,
- Order detail widget for draft orders,
- Improved order detail widget for Freightdesk.online,
- Compatibly with Shippable add-on,
- Compatibly with Account Details(ET) add-don(Capturing account number on checkout page).
- Update: Compatibility with Flat Rate addon
- Update: Compatibility with WooCommerce 5.6
- Update: Introduced product nesting feature.
- Initial release.