Does what it says on the tin!
So what is the plugin? The name says it all really, this just adds a Save and Close button to all pages, posts and custom post types. We’ve done away with the click so no longer do you need to hit “Update” or “Publish” then click back your post/page listing. Save and Close will just take you right back to your list of posts! Simples!
At Lightbulb we love to give a little back and this is our way of saying thanks to WordPress. Also to all of our comrades populating websites or doing lots of edits this one is for you! Saving those precious seconds and making your lives happy and RSI free.
Developed by Lightbulb Digital.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- You’ll now see an “Update and Close” button when editing a post, or a “Publish and Close” button when creating a post!
Contributors & Developers
“Save and Close” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Save and Close” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Initial public release
- Maintain post visibility when saving
- Allow post status to be changed to draft/pending when updating
- Redirect back to previous post listing URL (to maintain filters and pagination)
- Show notification when a post is saved
- Redirect fix