Instantly join separate posts together by making the Previous/Next Post links look for other posts that share the same taxonomies.
This lightweight plugin simply adds a filter to your selected taxonomies (both default and custom) so that any theme can have its post navigation links stay in the same category as the currently viewed post.
- Upload the plugin files to the /wp-content/plugins/keep-pagination-in-same-taxonomy/ directory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Go to the Settings -> Reading page to configure the plugin, picking which taxonomies should be affected.
- Why Isn’t It Linking To The Post I Expected?
Be sure that you’ve only selected the taxonomies that are shared between the posts you want to link together AND that you aren’t asking for the posts to match them all!
Eg. With the “ALL” option, if you select both Categories and Tags, then a post which has a category and some tags will NOT find other posts that only have the same category but no tags.
Contributors & Developers
“Keep Pagination in Same Taxonomy” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Bugfix: check if we’ve excluded all the terms from a taxonomy
- Initial release.