The drop caps plugin is fairly self-explanatory. It adds mark-up to your posts and pages which allows you to create wicked drop caps like those shown on my blog or in the screenshots.
New in version 2: You can now add drop caps to comments and excerpts as well as post content.
Updating to 2.1: The plugin now adds a
span as opposed to a
strong tag. Make sure to change your stylesheet.
The plugin now has loads of settings. You can choose which pages to put drop caps on. You can exclude specific posts and categories and you can also choose wether to use the default styling.
The plugin marks-up the first paragraph starting with a capital letter. It makes the first letter into a drop cap and gives the paragraph a class of “first-child” allowing you to style the first paragraph in a different way.
- 1.2 – Fixed a bug where drop caps wouldn’t appear after images or in paragraphs with attributes.
- 2.0 – Added loads of settings such as which pages to display drop caps on.
- 2.1 – Fixed a bug where drop caps wouldn’t appear after quotes and multiple HTML tags. Changed the markup to use
spantags as opposed to
strongtags. Posts can be excluded by name as well as ID.
Upload this plugin in the normal way
- Upload the
drop-capsfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to the settings menu and edit the drop caps settings.