The advanced 301 and 302 redirect plugin will help you redirect 404 error pages into different pages using 301 redirects (permanently redirect).
This is also a great tool for people doing affiliate as you will be able to create custom links and redirect them with 302 redirect (temporary redirect), you will be able to organize the redirects by folder and you will also get redirects count for each link you create.
By using our free 301 and 302 redirects plugin on your website you will be able keep your website more organized, you will be able to avoid 404 errors and make your site much better in terms of SEO.
Advanced 301/302 Redirect Features
- You will be able to create 301 redirects (permanent redirects)
- You will be able to create 302 redirects (temporary redirects)
- You will be able to organize your redirects by folders and subjects
- You will be able to keep count on the amount of redirects for each redirect you create (great for affiliates)
- In case of affiliate link you will be able to add advertising platform name to make your redirects more organized
- You will be able to select redirect query like exact match or contain request redirect
About the author & license
This plugin was brought to you for free by YYDevelopment under GPLv2 license.
The plugin is 100% free and we intend to keep it that way in the future as well. You are free to use this plugin and all our other free wordpress plugins for your projects, your client’s projects or for anything else you need.
If this plugin was helpful for you please share it online and if you get a chance to give it a positive review we will appreciate that.
If have any problems or questions regarding our 301/302 redirect plugin submit a ticket and we will be happy to help.
By the way, we are based in Israel so we welcome you to visit our Hebrew site as well YYDevelopment Israel if you are fellow Israeli.
Help support us with a coffee donation
Don’t you just hate it when you download a plugin and you find out that in order to use it you have to buy a pro version?
Even bigger problem is when you use a plugin and then just out of the blue the developer decides to add a pro version and he either changes the way the plugin works or he converts some of the free functions to paid ones.
We sure did hate that and a few years back we decided to start creating some of the plugins ourselves and we decided to share them all with the WordPress community 100% FREE.
Nowadays we have more than 15 plugins and you can download and use them all for free by Clicking Here.
If you liked this plugin and you want to help support our cause, buy us a coffee. Studies show that coffee helps with creating WordPress plugins.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/advanced-301-and-302-redirectdirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- On your admin panel go into “settings” and click on the “301/302 Redirect” option.
- Start creating your 301 or 302 wordpress redirects
Do I need to take any action to make this plugin work?
All you need to do it to install and activate the advanced 301 and 302 redirect plugin.
Where can I add the 301 & 302 redirects?
After you install the plugin go into settings and click on the “301/302 Redirect” options. On the page you will be able to add new redirects
How to add redirects on my site?
On the plugin redirect page after you create a folder and you will be able to create 301 and 302 redirects as well.
On the “Request URL” you will need to add the path that you want to redirect. So if the page is http://www.website.com/about-us/ you will insert only “/about-us/”
On the “Destination URL” you will be able to add the end of the link and full URL paths as well. So if can be “/about-us/” and it can also be “http://www.website.com/about-us/”
What is a 301 redirect?
A 301 redirect is a page redirect we mostly use when we have 404 errors on the website (when a page is removed). The301 redirect we make is a permanent redirect and it will redirect the visitors and google to different page on the site.
What is a 302 redirect?
A 302 redirect is a temporary redirect saying that the page was moved to different location temporary. We mainly use that redirect on affiliate links and when we don’t want to give seo juice to the new page.
Contributors & Developers
“Advanced 301 and 302 Redirect” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Advanced 301 and 302 redirect plugin launch
- Adjusted some of the plugin text
- Added restriction for inserting wrong url path
- Fixing hidden undefined variables errors
- Small database update
- Changing update message
- Added the option to select redirect query
- Fixing http_host error on wordpress cron
- Changing update alerts box
- Fixed redirects for URL with $_GET[”] parameters like in facebook and utm
- Fixing headers already error sent by on older wordpress versions
- Fixing removing redirect folder problem
- Fixing PHP warnings
- Fixing Slashes Problem
- Changed Function Name
- Plugin name change
- Added global rating message block
- Added nonce to plugin
- Fixing redirected access to wp-admin when redirecting full site
- Improving plugin and redirects security
- Making ID field bigger
- Stopped ignoring / on contain 301 redirects
- Fixing urldecode redirect for url without /
- Allow to control GET parameter transfer in the url
- Added donation button to the plugin description
- Removed yydev_redirect_mysql_prep function
- small change on the escape html code
- fixed table title breaking into letters
- remove ‘ and ” signs from wrong url request to avoide sql errors
- Fixing the redirect when the protocol (http or https) not set correctly on the wp-admin
- Adding the option to make a redirect with parameters while there is already parameters on the destination URL
- Dealing with wordpress CLI warning because of $_SERVER[‘HTTP_HOST’] on redirect-page.php